MOVING & HANDLING (PEOPLE MOVERS)
This course deals specifically with handling people in the workplace, which is most relevant to Nursing and Healthcare workers and providers.
The course focuses on how to minimize handling and lifting, and includes guidance, theory, practical and risk assessing use of handling aids and moving people.
Assisting with compliance of the Care Certificate theory and practical training requirements developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health, meeting with regulatory and inspecting body training requirements.
- Manual Handling (The legal aspects)
- The body and what can go wrong during Manual Handling
- Principles of safe Moving and Handling
- In-house policy and assessments
- Assisting mobility
- Assisting people in chairs and beds
- Practical training sessions – Including use of Hoist, Slings, Slide Sheets, Manoeuvring belts, etc.
- Assessment and Certification
Who we provide this training for:
- New and experienced Nursing and Healthcare Staff
- Large National Care Provider Groups
- Recruitment and Domiciliary Care Agencies
- Private Hospitals, Hospices and Disability Charities
- Residential Care, Respite Care, Dementia Care and Nursing Homes
For further information on course content or to speak to one of the team to book, please enter your details below